Monday, March 19, 2012

Since when is PSG a fashion editing blog?!



Recently, PSG has been hiring more writers and becoming a more up-to-date blog. Okay, nothing wrong with that. But what I really don't understand, is why Dan hired a... fashion editer? Yep, he really did, and if you haven't read the post yet, click HERE to. In fact, I wasn't the only confused reader of that post, about half of the commentators disliked or questioned that post, while the other half had mixed or good responses. See for yourself: 
^Nooby? Really?
  The  person writing that post is named  Ella Donato, though I don't know her Stardoll name. She started blogging  this month, as she joined in March.

Now, I myself had liked the blog's redoing until this point. I agree with every single denouncing comment on there. In Dei's words. "...Isn't really a 'let's give people makeovers blog..". and I agree with her, COMPLETELY. PSG is a gossip blog, and the main reason I like gossip blogs  is because they are something different than a news blog, or a fashion blog. They have good, intriguing mysteries, and good detectives  to write them, NOT fashion 'editors'.  I honestly have no idea what Dan was thinking when he hired her. 

I still hope this is a 'guest' writer, because unlike the previous guest writer's post, (From BeverlyHillsHei) this is NOT something I expect on PSG. I expect gossip, reviews, and interesting tidbits. I had thought PSG was gaining power again, but I am still seeing little cracks in the Wall of China. The template, is a bit tacky, I mean, bright pink?! Sure, it may have been Perez's color, but I'm sure Perez would have changed the color now, if it meant losing followers. That may seem like a ridiculous thing, to lose comments over a template, but it's true. Many times I have seen commentators complain about the bright pink background, and I agree, they need to change it.

In my honest opinion, I think Dan is a bit too agreeable to some of the ideas people come up with. He is a good writer, I will say that, but not as good an admin, I would say. He doesn't seem to realize that he has to be very careful who he picks, if he lets up even slightly, he will get more bad reviews than good. 


Do YOU think Ella is a good addition to the blog? If so, then why?

-The Bomb.

No comments:

Post a Comment